Dream Fire Glass is all about the fun, knowledge, and beauty of glass. Dream Fire Glass is a state of the art teaching studio, offering hands-on workshops, artist made beads, one-of-a-kind jewelries and so much more.
Nina “Sam” Hibler is the owner, founder, and lead artist at Dream Fire Glass. She is a native Texan living in San Antonio and full-time artist working in glass. Sam shares her love of fire and glass by teaching flameworking here at her studio Dream Fire Glass in San Antonio, at the Southwest School of Art, and in venues across the United States.
Sam’s education and experience are multifaceted. Sam majored in both art and biology receiving a Bachelor of Science from Stephen F. Austin. When she is working Sam draws on her knowledge as an artist, silver smith and scientist. Chemistry and physics are immensely helpful when melting glass.
Sam is inspired by the world around her; the organic, vibrant, order or chaos in nature is distilled into her work. Movement, color, and depth are important elements in all her work.
Flameworking glass allows her to incorporate intricate, fluid details into her work. Working with glass she is able to capture movement and freeze it with the torch.
Glass is the perfect medium for Sam, she invites you to join her in the joy and beauty of flameworked glass.
- Member of the Society of Artisan Lampworkers in San Antonio (SALSA) Past President
- ISGB member and past South Region Director-ISGB past District Director 2010-2012
- San Antonio Glass Art Guild-member. Parliamentarian
- 2020 Igniting Passion- Pendent show ISGB.
- 2017 Embodiment Pittsburgh Glass Center
- 2017 Fusion: Fiber & Glass Kerr Arts & Cultural Center
- 2015 Hands of the Maker
- 2013 Texas Heat
- 2013 Geometric
- 2011 Convergence III Gaudi a collaboration with Peggy Potts
- 2011 Arts of Engagement Beyond a glass bead Pendant Show
- 2010 Convergence II Persephone’s Lot. A collaborative piece with Liza Connell
- 2009 Perspectives: Traditions and Innovations in Glass Beads An international juried exhibition of contemporary glass beads
- 2008 Currents: Merging Culture and Creativity Bead Show Bead Inspirations in Alameda CA
- 2008 Out of the Box: Pushing the Boundaries of the Glass Bead traveling exhibit.
- 2007 Metamorphosis: The Life Cycle of a Bead, bead, and jewelry exhibition.
- 2007 ISGB Fire and Ice Bead Show, The Bead Monkey, St. Paul Minnesota
- 2007Jewelry/Wearable Art/Glass, Evoke Gallery, St. Paul, Minnesota
- 2007 Connections
- 2006 ISGB Bead Show, Asthetica Gallery. Kansas City, Missouri
Juried Art Shows:
- Guilded Art show 2019
- San Antonio Potters Guild
- Splash Festivals; Actworth, Norcross, Dunwoody, Johns Creek Georgia 2014
- Art 281 2013
- Art 281 2012
- ART 281 2010
- ART 281 2009
- Texas Fiber Art Exhibit 2010, Austin, Texas
- Texas Country Reporter Festival 2009, Waxahachie, Texas
- Texas Country Reporter Festival 2008, Waxahachie, Texas
- Texas Country Reporter Festival 2007, Waxahachie, Texas
- Glass Bead evolution: Vol.7, Issue, 2 2019
- The Art of Glass: no limits Vol 2 2018
- 13th annual “Women in Glass” issue of Flow Magazine Vol 15 #4 2017-18
- The Art of Glass: flameworking Vol 1 2017
- Fusion: Fiber & Glass Catalog 2017
- Glass Bead evolution: Encore Vol 4 issue 2 – 2016
- Metal Clay Artist annual mixed media issue 2013
- Lammaga volume 21 2012
- 7th annual “Women in Glass” issue of Flow Magazine 2011.
- The Crafts Report October 2011- cover and Freezing Perfection in Glass
- Cover Gathering 2011 booklet
- The Glass Bead Vol XVIII/ Issue 4/Fall 2011
- Lammaga volume 14 2011
- Glass Art Magazine July/August 2011 ISGB News Making a Difference to Beadmakers Everywhere
- Fall 2010 Profitable Glass Volume I3* No. 3 ISGB News Finding Inspiration
- The Glass Bead Vol XVI/ Issue 4/ Fall 09
- Scene in SA August 2009: Artist of the Month
- The Glass Bead Vol XVI /issue 3 / Summer 09
- The Beader’s Handbook on Lamp work by Debby Gwaltney
- 2009 Wet Canvas Glass Artist Calendar
- Fall 2008 Profitable Glass Volume II* No. 3 ISGB News Thinking Out of the Box – Out of the Box catalog 2008
- 2008 Wet Canvas Glass Artist Calendar
- Metamorphosis catalog 2007
- 2nd annual “Women in Glass” issue of Flow Magazine 2006.
- Dream Fire Glass Studio- resident artist owner San Antonio TX 2011 – present
- Adjunct Faculty Southwest School of Arts and Craft San Antonio TX
- McAllen-Stained Glass Studio every October
- North East ISD Adult education classes
- Instructor 2017 ISGB Gathering
- Glass Craft Expo 2015
- Glass Craft Expo 2014
- Glass Craft Expo 2013
- Presenter and Instructor 2012 ISGB Gathering
- Glass Craft Expo 2012
- Glass Craft Expo 2011
- Principal Flameworking instructor Wired Designs Studio San Antonio TX, 2003-2011
- Visiting instructor Houston Center for Contemporary Craft Houston TX
- Visiting instructor Wired Up Beads Grapevine TX
- Visiting instructor McAllen Stain Glass McAllen TX
- Visiting instructor Arrow Springs CA
- Presenter Instructor seminar 2010 ISGB Gathering.